Sunday 13 October 2013

Moving out...

Sunday
As my first day at Chester zoo is closing in I am in the process of moving from Manchester where I live with my partner to Chester. I have spent the weekend packing up and saying a temporary goodbye to friends as well as my cat.
I have packed up all the essentials including multiple winter jackets as there is a definite chill in the air.
I have yet to meet any of my housemates or the interns at the zoo. I hope to make lots of friends and have a feeling its going to be a challenging yet rewarding year.
 I am aiming to arrive around 4pm to the house and my current flatmate in Manchester has kindly agreed to drive me and my stuff to Chester. Thank god or else I would have to cart my stuff on a bus, train, tram and then another bus! 

Arriving and initial thoughts...
I have finally managed to get to Chester and have moved all my stuff into my room. I have met all my flatmates which include Amy, Laura, Kalisha and Mark who all seem lovely. After meeting the many animals at the house which include :

  • Four dogs - a GSD, a Golden Retriever, a Collie and a standard Wire-haired dachshund
  • 4 cats, 2 chinchillas
  • lots of tortoises (30 at the moment – 7 different species)
  • 2 Parma wallabies
  • 1 sheep
  • 2 cockatoos
  • an axolotl
  • 2 bearded dragons
  • 1 Leopard gecko
  • a couple of Cuban Tree frogs
  • over 25 chickens
  • a Tenrec
  • a rabbit
  • 7 Blue Spiny Lizards
  •  a couple of budgies
  • a  huge number of exotic rodents, mostly Acacia Rats, Spiny mice and Harvest Mice


This all means lots of new names and faces to remember which at the moment seems a little daunting but with time Im sure ill be rattling them all off. 

After a little dinner the 5 of us watched Rio the movie and snacked on Haribo, Gummy bears and popcorn with a cup of hot tea in the other hand after a long day of travelling and unpacking. 

I'm really excited to receive my uniform tomorrow and officially be part of the Chester zoo intern cohort!

Its a 6:00 wake up time tomorrow so I must get to bed. I will take some pictures tomorrow and post them up. 


Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment